Re: Colors in vim

From: postgres(at)jal(dot)org
To: Louie Kwan <lkwan(at)nuvo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Colors in vim
Date: 2004-03-09 16:35:43
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004, Louie Kwan wrote:

> Not a PGSQL question..
> When I use vim, my xterm is all highlighted with many different color..
> How can I turn the coloring off.
> Sorry to ask the vim question here.

Numerous ways.

In a session:

:syntax off

Presumably, you're using files with a file extension that is tripping
the coloring highlights, probably provided by your OS. You can turn them
off globally by adding a syntax command to your .vimrc. (It could be
that you're editing files with embedded hints, or several other things.)

for more details, or start with

:help syntax

within vim.

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal(at)jal(dot)org
Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate that.