Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project
Date: 2004-03-09 20:03:04
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
Dave,

> Did I miss a thread? I can't find anything about a pgFoundry in my
> archives. I assume it's Gforge based?

Yes.   It's the whole GForge discussion on Hackers.

Hmmmm ... let me apologize for not directly addressing this list about the
"final plans" for GForge/pgFoundry, and try to remedy the situation now.    I
spent so much time discussing this on Hackers that I failed to notice that
this list got cut off the CC before we reached a conclusion.

Marc, Chris Ryan, Andrew D. and the Core *have* been in the loop on this.

We've set up a new host, www.pgfoundry.org.   This will hold our GForge
installation, to which we will be migrating GBorg projects as their owners
are ready to do so.   We've already stopped accepting new GBorg projects.
Migration is painless and almost 100% automatic.

Within 1.5 weeks we should be offficially launching pgFoundry.   Among other
things, at that time we'll be launching  a contest to "re-theme" the foundry.
When portal is done, we can also discuss using some of the headers and
includes from portal to support site integration.

Anything else you need to know?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions