Re: On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)
Date: 2004-03-08 21:24:43
Lists: pgsql-www
Chris,

>     I'll echo the 'Ooops!'. Turned back on. Any suggestions about what
> the message should be? Additionally project submissions were disabled.
> Should these be turned back on as well?

No, I think new projects should say:

"We are currently planning on migrating from GBorg to a new development
platform.   We expect to have the new site online in about a week.   Please
hold your new project idea until then.   Contact josh (at) postgresql (dot)
org for more information if you need it."

The new warning on GBorg members should wait until pgFoundry is live, and then
say:

WARNING: members who join GBorg at this point will have to join pgFoundry
seperately.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology 	josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
    and data management solutions 	(415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses 	 fax 651-9224
    and non-profit organizations. 	San Francisco