Re: New Instance of Variable Not Found in Subplan Bug

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New Instance of Variable Not Found in Subplan Bug
Date: 2004-03-05 20:49:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Tom,

> > RELOADING the view fixed the error.
>
> What do you mean by "reloading the view", exactly?

I created the same view under a new name.    The new view runs fine.  I
suspect that if I REPLACED the view, it would be fixed, but I don't want to
do that if we want to analyze it further.

> The cost numbers here are very small; are the tables themselves small, or
> did you reload them too?

The tables are quite small, the largest < 200 rows.   This view just links a
bunch of reference lists.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions