pgsql-server/contrib/xml Makefile README.pgxml ...

From: momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/contrib/xml Makefile README.pgxml ...
Date: 2004-03-05 03:24:50
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql-server
Changes by:	momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org	04/03/04 23:24:50

Modified files:
	contrib/xml    : Makefile README.pgxml
Added files:
	contrib/xml    : xpath.c xslt_proc.c
Removed files:
	contrib/xml    : TODO pgxml.c pgxml.h pgxml_dom.c

Log message:
	Thanks to the generous support of Torchbox (, I
	have been able to significantly improve the contrib/xml XPath
	integration code.
	New features:
	* XPath set-returning function allows multiple results from an several
	XPath queries to be used as a virtual table.
	* Using libxslt, XSLT transformations (with and without parameters) are
	supported. (Caution: This support allows generic URL fetching from
	within the backend as well).
	I've removed the old code so that it is all libxml based. Rather than
	attach as a patch, I've put the tar.gz (10k!) at
	(all files in archive are xml/....).
	I think this is worth replacing the contrib version with, even though
	the function names have changed (though the same functionality is
	there), because it includes a SRF and some SPI usage, in addition to
	linking to an external library. And it isn't a big module! Obviously, I
	understand that people might prefer to move it elsewhere, or might have
	reservations about replacing an existing contrib module with an
	incompatible one. I'm open to suggestions.
	John Gray

pgsql-committers by date

Subject: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml rc/backend ...