BUG #1092: Memory Fault in PQsetdbLogin

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1092: Memory Fault in PQsetdbLogin
Date: 2004-03-04 15:20:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1092
Logged by:          Fred Eisele

Email address:      fred(at)netarx(dot)com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system:   Debian/GNU unstable (kernel 2.6.3)

Details:

When opening two connections using PQsetdbLogin one of the connections was
apparently being dropped, and I would get segmentation errors.
I rebuilt the program using dmalloc and it reported...
debug-malloc library: dumping program, fatal error
   Error: invalid allocation size (err 40)
...when PQsetdbLogin was called.
I replaced the call to PQsetdbLogin with an equivalent call to PQconnectdb.
dmalloc does not report any errors with PQconnectdb and the original two
problems seem to have gone away.
As far as I am concerned, deprecating PQsetdbLogin is an adequate fix.

pgsql-bugs by date