Postgres - pg_hba.conf entry for host nof found

From: sujata gawali <sujata_gawali(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres - pg_hba.conf entry for host nof found
Date: 2004-03-03 09:49:12
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I can't connect locally to the database through C code on linux version 8 platform.I invoked the postmaster using the postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data.
I tried to connect using libpq-fe library.The program compiles without giving any compilation errors.But when I try to run it it says
psql: FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host, user postgres, database template1
please help.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Sarada AkkineniDate: 2004-03-03 22:33:02
Previous:From: cummins collegeDate: 2004-03-03 09:47:42