Re: Linux Symposium

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux Symposium
Date: 2004-03-02 20:13:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Neil Conway wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
> > Submissions for talks, BOFs, meetings, and tutorials have opened for the
> > Ottawa Linux Symposium <http://www.linuxsymposium.org>.
> >
> > Anyone interested in submitting a proposal?
>
> A PostgreSQL BOF would probably be appropriate, but IMHO a generic
> talk on Postgres would be off-topic for this conference. Of course, it
> is ultimately up to the OSL organizers to decide that.

FWIW: from http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2004/cfp.php

###
Some meeting proposals as well as proposals for other kinds of new
activities may not fit with the above structure exactly but we welcome
them all the same. If you have something you'd like to do but are not sure
where it fits please adhere to the proposal deadline and contact papers at
linuxsymposium.org to discuss your proposal.
###

The worst they can say is no.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan: http://www.bsdcan.org/