Re: Some info needed to advocate

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Francois Suter <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some info needed to advocate
Date: 2004-03-01 20:07:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 01 March 2004 17:18, Francois Suter wrote:

> - are there native PostgreSQL drivers for Delphi and Crystal Reports?
> The people would like to avoid using ODBC.

There is at least one company producting drivers for Borland's products, so I
would be surprised if there wasn't something for Delphi - Googling should do
there.

Don't know of anything for Crystal. Why do you not want to use ODBC?

> - about the planned Windows native version: is it going to be exactly
> the same or are there going to be some missing functionalities, what
> with it running on Windows and not Unix? Are there any major issues
> that can be expected?

I'm sure someone involved in the Windows port will help out here, but the
effort is to make the PostgreSQL code run on both platforms, not to produce
another Windows version. Of course, since Windows is a new platform to run
on, it won't have received as much testing as with *nix systems, and might
need some performance work too. Other than that, I can't think what would
cause problems.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd