Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
Date: 2004-03-01 04:17:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Friday 27 February 2004 14:02, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, David Costa wrote:
> > Then they might consider adding caps or making it a bit more appealing.
> > Some ideas
> > (just thinking loud, I am not saying that what is there now is not
> > good..)
> > It could be worth to outsource it, as apache does with jinx
> > http://www.jinxhackwear.com/scripts/products.asp?affid=16&catID=-1
> > We could also add some Donation buttons/links like apache does. It
> > would be fairly simple via paypal and I think people would do that.
> > At least, I will ;)
>
> I think it was Jinx that Robert was looking at ... I had also looked at
> Cafeexpress(sp?), which is another one that does it ... the conversation
> that Robert and I had about it kinda died when I think we both got busy,
> but the nice thing about doing it through either of those is they have *a
> helluva lot* of selection, without us having the major overhead of getting
> stuff pre-printed and hoping it will go ...
>
> Robert, any status on that side of things?

Woops... forgot I needed to respond to this. We looked at jinx in the context
of mass producing t-shirts for use at conferences, and it didnt seem right
for that task. We didn't really look into to much for a complete solution,
though it seems it would be adequate based on some of the other sites that
use them.

Robert Treat