Re: ecpg segmentation error

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Margit Schubert-While <margitsw(at)t-online(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ecpg segmentation error
Date: 2004-02-29 16:08:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 07:16:43PM +0100, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> Following cursor declaration which worked in 7.3.4, produces
> a seg fault with 7.4.1 and todays cvs.

Hmm, not for me:

./preproc/ecpg a.pgc
a.pgc:7: WARNING: cursor `functestcur0´ has been declared but ot opened

With a.pgc being exactly your declare statement plus some variable
definitions.

> (All referenced variables are declared correctly)

For the furture, please include a test case I can work with. Just that
one line does not enable me to find the bug at all as you can see. In
fact it is not even enough code to run a simple test. It shouldn't be
too difficult to include the variable declarations so it's at least
compilable code.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes