Where are the backend/commands?

From: Geoffrey Kinnel <gkinnel(at)universal(dot)dca(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where are the backend/commands?
Date: 2004-02-28 13:54:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I recently installed 7.4.1 on two different machines (Linux/Intel and MacOSX)
and in both cases the commands in src/backend/command did not get installed.
Everything else is okay, as far as I can tell. I tried re-running make install
on both machines and still, nothing. I have had 7.3.x fully installed and
running in the past.

Just to be clear, here are the contents of my pgsql/bin directory:
clusterdb dropuser pg_controldata pg_resetxlog
createdb ecpg pg_ctl pg_restore
createlang initdb pg_dump postgres
createuser initlocation pg_dumpall postmaster
dropdb ipcclean pg_encoding psql
droplang pg_config pg_id vacuumdb

Shouldn't there be a few more items in there?

I have tried to walk through the makefiles to see if I can tell what's
going on, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say for certain. I
don't get any errors during 'make install'.

Any ideas about what might have happened would be welcome.

Thanks,
Geoff