Re: FreeBSD config

From: Dror Matalon <dror(at)zapatec(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FreeBSD config
Date: 2004-02-27 18:27:26
Lists: pgsql-performance
I guess the thing to do is to move this topic over to a freebsd list
where we can get more definitive answers on how disk caching is handled.
I asked here since I know that FreeBsd is often recommended,
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html#
as a good platform for postgres, and with Modern machines often having
Gigabytes of memory the issue of, possibly, having a disk cache of 200MB
would be one often asked.

--
Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc