Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal

From: Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop(at)alert(dot)infoplease(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal
Date: 2004-02-27 14:51:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:17:13 -0500
"Bort, Paul" <pbort(at)tmwsystems(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]

That perl dependency issue is not such a small one, IMHO. We've used RT
in the past, but ditched it because without installing a compiler on the
exposed server, we spent far too much time trying to keep all those
modules up-to-date. If you run an mod_perl web server anyway, maybe it's
not such a big deal. But if you do not, I'm not sure RT is good enough
to justify the extra work.

That said, if the perl module depencies are not a big deal for you, the
UI is nice. Just IMHO not nice enugh to justify the extra work when
there are so many other options to choose from.

(FWIW, I would love to see more effort in keeping bugzilla's current
versions up-to-date wrt to postgresql, and I note that full postgresql
compatibility is part of the next major release [2.18]. But my hopes are
probably not worth the bits required to transmit them)

--
Karl DeBisschop (kdebisschop(at)alert(dot)infoplease(dot)com)
Pearson Education/Infoplease (http://www.infoplease.com)