Index Information

From: Karam Chand <karam_chand03(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Index Information
Date: 2004-02-26 14:18:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

How do I display the field(s) used to create an index,
as in
"CREATE INDEX <index name> ON <table name> (<field1>
[, <field2>...])" ?

I tried with psql with -E option and if I execute the
query independently then it is showing the index names
and a index definition like

CREATE INDEX ON..... from which I believe psql is
getting column names?

On what what criteria it is fetching the column
information...the only thing i can believe is that the
column names are within ()...Am I true?

Karam