Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions

From: Michael Chaney <mdchaney(at)michaelchaney(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions
Date: 2004-02-26 00:09:23
Lists: pgsql-general

One other note, for those converting a database from MySQL to
PostgreSQL, I have a table creation conversion script here:

http://www.michaelchaney.com/downloads/m2p.pl

I know that two come with PostgreSQL in the contrib directory, but I
wrote this because those two didn't do what I needed. With this, you
should be able to take the MySQL table creation scripts (as created by
mysqldump --tab=x) and directly build the tables and load the data into
a PostgreSQL db with little effort.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney