Re: Postmaster failed to start and/or accept connexion

From: Joerg Hessdoerfer <Joerg(dot)Hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com>
To: "Laurent Ballester" <postgresql(dot)ballester(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postmaster failed to start and/or accept connexion
Date: 2004-02-25 08:09:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi,

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 16:01, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded the nightly snapshot of 2004-23-02, and compiled well with
> MinGW/MSYS current release version. I have just to flex 'manually'
> psqlscan.l file to be allow to finish compilation and link.
>
> Then, through windows console, I launch initdb which run without any
> errors. PGDATA is set up correctly. Unfortunately, postmaster launch with
> -I option didn't start correctly. The error was "select() failed in
> statistics collector ", and seems to not accept any connexion.
> For example createdb mydb command failed with error "could not connect to
> database template1".

You need to specify '-i' (not '-I'), then it works (for me). You could also do
this in postgresql.conf, IMHO.

Do you also see the backends claiming more and more memory until crashing? I
can't yet put my fingers on the reason.

Greetings,
Joerg
--
Leading SW developer - S.E.A GmbH
Mail: joerg(dot)hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com