Re: OSDB.org

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSDB.org
Date: 2004-02-25 16:54:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
People:

> That being said, the design sounds interesting; quite different from
> any of the other SQL databases I have seen.  The whole thing is based
> on a replication/synchronization scheme, and watching for issues of
> deadlock under conditions of particularly heavy load is likely the
> grand challenge.

I've been interested in Backplane since it was announced; it's fascinating to
see a database server based on a truly *different* concept.

I notice that OSDB seems to have a slight bias towards us.    Is someone in
our community on that project?    If not, how should we thank them?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions