converting the DBMirror as peer-to-peer replicator

From: merino silva <merinosilva(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: shihan(at)codegen(dot)net, merino_silva(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: converting the DBMirror as peer-to-peer replicator
Date: 2004-02-24 12:48:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I've already subscribed my e-mail address to the
pgsql-hackers.

The method I've used to convert DBMirror to a
peer-to-peer replicator was two DBMirror instances
with one considered slave of other as the master.

Here, I've stopped the loop back by dropping the
trigger when INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE through the
DBMirror and then creating the trigger again.

The system was tested on the
ManddrakeLinux 9.2
Posgresql 7.3.4
and Perl v5.8.1

A 'LOCK TABLE <table name> IN SHARE MODE'
was used before dropping the trigger to prevent
updating the client database, because updates for that
database wont trigger to the remaining one while the
trigger is dropped.

The modified version is working when inserting large
number of data (10000), but when deleting the client
(one database) seems to be not responding.

The modified DBMirror.pl is attached with this.

I would like to know what was the error and further
suggestions also.

regards,
merinosilva.