Re: [HACKERS] Win32 regression test status

From: Joerg Hessdoerfer <Joerg(dot)Hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 regression test status
Date: 2004-02-24 11:42:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

Hi,

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 12:11, Claudio Natoli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my next TODO item for the Win32 port was to try to bring all the regression
> tests up.
>
> Pleased to report that, with a great deal of hackage + kludges (which I
> hope to refine and submit as patches for review over the next couple
> weeks), all but 10 tests pass!

[...]

Great to hear!

Just as a side node: as part of a computer camp I downloaded the nightly
snapshot of 2004-21-02, installed MinGW/MSYS, grabbed some external flex and
went away compiling/installing. Worked quite well, apart from some small
configure-foo and hand-flexing ;-)

Then, started the thing up (on XP Prof) and run a load test from a real-world
customer app. Performance was acceptable for an early port, but the
postmaster/backends kept crashing during this test. A small survey showed
that the backends grabbed more and more mem, and the crashed when the memory
exceeded some barrier, roughly 12-13 MB.

Is this known? Worth to sort it out? It has to be noted, that when the clients
re-connected periodically (20 simultaneously) all went well, and I never lost
_ANY_ data!

So far, congrats!

Joe
--
Leading SW developer - S.E.A GmbH
Mail: joerg(dot)hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com