Re: System tuning

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Gyorgy Molnar" <yuri(at)powercom(dot)com(dot)sg>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: System tuning
Date: 2004-02-23 07:58:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

On Sunday 22 February 2004 21:11, Gyorgy Molnar wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a Linux RedHat 9.0 computer. It has 1G memory. Is there anybody who
> could help me to fine tune the Kernel for PgSql, and also the with the
> proper settings for the PgSql server. I have two additional java program
> running on that computer, otherwise I used a custom installation with the
> minimal neccessary packages (No X-Server is initalled).

Well, you should probably read the tuning and configuration docs at:
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/index.php

Then, post your main config settings to the -performance list along with
details of any problems you are seeing.

Bear in mind that "best" performance depends on what queries you are
executing, so optimising for one group of queries may involve trade-offs with
others.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd