Re: Feeds Integration

From: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feeds Integration
Date: 2004-02-19 18:49:44
Lists: pgsql-www

> Umh, so what about the link ? is it part of the body ? if that is the
>
> case it might be a problem, can solve that, just not the fast way to
> produce the xml from db data.

Here is an updated query. The URL had slipped my mind as one I
build the URLs from knows practices on GBorg and the body is actually
the full story. You'll note as well in the query below that I added in
for getting the submitter of the news item.

SELECT headline AS title,

'http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/'||project_name||'/news/newsfull.php?news_id='||news_id
AS link, -- the fully built url to the news item
body, -- the full news text you may want to abbreviate here
member_name AS author, -- member name on gborg of author
submit_date -- date not datetime :(
FROM project_news, project, member
WHERE (project_news.project_id=project.project_id)
AND (project_news.member_id=member.member_id)
AND (project_news.active=true)
AND (project_news.on_homepage=true)
ORDER BY submit_date DESC
LIMIT 10;