Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL

From: "Saleem Burhani Baloch" <peseek(at)khi(dot)wol(dot)net(dot)pk>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow response of PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-02-19 09:01:20
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi,

Thanks every one for helping me. I have upgraded to 7.4.1 on redhat 8 ( rh 9 require a lot of lib's) and set the configuration sent by Chris. Now the query results in 6.3 sec waooo. I m thinking that why the 7.1 process aggregate slowly. Anyway.

I still have to go for 2 sec result and now I m thinking to go for Free BSD 5.2.

The record locking by "select ..... update for" is working fine, but a situation arrises when the second user goes for locking the record,  the task will wait untill the first user ends up his work. IS their is a way that we can know or get a message that the row/record is already locked by some one else.

Thanks for help.

Saleem

pgsql-performance by date

Subject: Re: Forcing filter/join order?