Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface
Date: 2004-02-16 15:07:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, L J Bayuk wrote:

> Brett, I started with pgtcl-1.4b3 from Gborg, plus the changes Karl put
> into CVS in January 2003. I merged in changes from the PostgreSQL-7.4.1
> libpgtcl (core), then made enough changes of my own that the diffs to
> either Gborg or -core versions are now quite substantial. I appreciate the
> offer to join your project, but would you even accept such a huge chunk of
> changes in one update? Would you have time to review it? Would it sit in
> CVS indefinitely?

Ummmm, if you were to join the project, I was under the impression it
would have been with CVS privileges ... Brett?

> to do so. I know the goal was to remove libpgtcl from -core; is the PG
> Group satisfied with the progress of the Gborg pgtcl project toward this
> goal?

So far, the only thing I've seen from Brett was an offer to give you
commit privileges to the GBorg tree so that you could commit updates ...
Brett, did I mis-understand your note?

----