Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy
Date: 2004-02-14 18:02:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> David Costa wrote:
> > my name is David Costa and I am the operator of a not for profit
> > website, dotgeek.org (http://dotgeek.org).
> > This is not my main occupation. I am a full time Professor in a private
> > graduate college here in Switzerland
> > and a direct contributor to PHP via Pear http://pear.php.net/user/gurugeek
> >
> > Dotgeek is focusing on PHP Development and Free Open Source PHP
> > Certification. Just today we started to host an official mirror of
> > postgresql and
> > I am extremely trilled by the array of possible advocacy toward PHP
> > developers.
> >
> > I have a number of plans for postgresql advocacy:
>
> I think that the most urgent thing in PostgreSQL advocacy is the update of its
> web presence. Right now all the advocacy ends as soon as someone clicks on the
> link and sees the abomination that is postgresql.org
>
> I am already working on the changes to website, just can't get any comments from
> the people who should (supposedly) be more interested in it than myself.
>
> If you are interested in helping, too, then here's how:
> 1) There is a well-hidden closed list for website development: pgsql-www. You
> can send a subscription request to it. If you pester the important people long
> enough on more public mailing lists (like here), your subscripion will be
> approved quite fast.
> 2) There is a module on gborg, it is called pgweb and contains most of the code
> for the website. Of course, database schema is conveniently hidden, but if you
> pester the important people long enough, you can have it.
> 3) Consult the archives for pgsql-www for the pointers on the things already
> done and that still need to be done. Comment on them.
>
> The most needed thing right now IMO is a professional looking design for the
> postgresql.org website. As Marc told me, the current one was done by his two
> year old child using crayons.

Alexey, just curious, but are you *really* as stupid as you come across on
the mailing lists? I can't recall the last thing that came out of you
that has had an ounce of intelligence behind it, to the point that *I* am
almost ready to black list your email address ...

You remind me of the 15 year old script kiddies that used to jump into
various IRC channels and get so proud cause they knew how to lock others
out of those channels ... not very hard, nor requiring very much
intelligence, but, hey .. as they say "small things amuse small minds" ...

Quite frankly, if I have to listen to much more of the drivel coming out
of your mouth, I will black list your email address, and most likely to
the cheers of several others ...

Learn to work *with* us, or just go away already ...

----