Doc bug (?) in rules vs triggers

From: andrew(at)pillette(dot)com
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Doc bug (?) in rules vs triggers
Date: 2004-02-13 20:29:32
Lists: pgsql-docs
Chapter 13 of the documentation on Rules versus Triggers says in part

"On the other hand a trigger that is fired on INSERT on a view can do the same as a rule, put the data somewhere else and suppress the insert in the view."

However, it does not appear to be possible to set a trigger on a view, so this means something else. (I'd like to set a trigger on a view, because the replacement INSERT I wish to make is easier to write in PLPGSQL than plain SQL.)

pgsql-docs by date