Re: createdb: undefined symbol: get_progname

From: Vijay Rao <vijayatsjsu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: M T <cs157a_4_spring04(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: createdb: undefined symbol: get_progname
Date: 2004-02-12 16:38:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

I think the problem was because 2 versions of
PostGreSQL were installed on my machine.The first one
was I think a client that comes along with Redhat.The
other was of course installed by me.Once I removed all
the packages and built from source it was a breeze.

Thanks
Vijay
--- M T <cs157a_4_spring04(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> createdb is not a postgres thing as far as I know.
> If
> you've init'ed your db, then use the client to
> connect. Then issue your create tables, etc. If
> you
> think createdb is a postgres thing (which I might be
> wrong, it just might be) remember that linux is CASE
> SENSITIVE to file names. Also make sure that the
> command is in your path. Reading the documentation
> should help you figure that out.
>

> --- Vijay Rao <vijayatsjsu(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just installed Postgres sql on Red hat linux
> 9.0.
> > (I did not know it already has it.)I installed
> > 7.4.1.
> >
> > I did the initdb thing.Started the postmaster
> > server.
> > Now from another window tried createdb.I get the
> > following error
> >
> > createdb: relocation error: ./createdb: undefined
> > symbol: get_progname.
> >
> > I get the same error for psql too.I have usr/bin
> in
> > my
> > path.
> >
> > bash-2.05b$ echo $PATH

/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin