Problems with MS Project 2000 save to PostgreSQL

From: "Tamara Harpster" <tharpster(at)excite(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with MS Project 2000 save to PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-02-10 05:18:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I have started off with the SQL script posted by John Cavanaugh and made some mods to have it work with a later version of PostgreSQL. I am working with version 7.4.1.3 on Cygwin with MS Project 2000 on Windows 2000, SP3. I am using psqlodbc 7.03.002 for the connection.

The data is being saved and the projects can be read back in, however, on the initial save of the project, Windows dies. When I restart MS Project, the read in data appears to be complete.

I also have a problem when I am trying to link one project to another for a resource pool. When I save that project, MS Project also dies and the data is not saved in this instance.

Attached are the ODBC logs. I would also attach the script I've tweaked, however, that appears to be too large for the mail server to accept. Enclosed is the snippet of the log that occurs right before MS Project dies.

LOG: statement: update MSP_PROJECTS set RESERVED_BINARY_DATA = '21853'::lo where PROJ_NAME = 'Search Engine'
DEBUG: child process (PID 1348) exited with exit code 0
LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection
DEBUG: child process (PID 1160) exited with exit code 0

If more information is needed, let me know and thank you for your patience with my questions. :-)

Tamara Harpster
http://www.sablewing.org/

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Attachment Content-Type Size