Re: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans
Date: 2004-02-06 20:34:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:39:37PM -0800, elein wrote:
> Booth

Assuming at least one of my proposals is accepted, or my employer
wants to send me anyway, I can volunteer for this as well.

>     * Andrew Sullivan -- (1/2 day?) Erserver Replication

I submitted this, _and_ a version of it as a conference session as an
alternative, depending on what the OSCON folks actually want.  The
only difference to me is the detail into which I'll go.

>     * Andrew Sullivan -- PostgreSQL Administration

I submitted one on this, but I've had word (a) that it is garbled in
the system right now and (b) that it may be superfluous.  I thought
I'd solicit views from others on (b) before I re-submitted to clean
it up, so if you feel strongly about this either way, please let me
know.  (I'm not submitting multiple things out of a misguided desire
to achieve fame and fortune through conference presentations.  If I'd
wanted that, I'd've stayed in grad school forever.  So "sit down and
shut up" is an acceptable suggestion :)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie