pgAdmin website translation

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>, blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr, "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: pgAdmin website translation
Date: 2004-02-04 09:51:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear friends,

pgAdmin III is now registered on 30 websites as showned on:
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/advocacy.php

Yesterday, I found very good informations sources to register more sites. In
the next days, we should be able to register pgAdmin on 100 web sites.

The trick is quite simple:

I found that EMS PostgreSQL manager registered on most sites using the
"phppgadmin" or "pgadmin" keyword, which is not very fair.

This gave me the idea of entering "EMS PostgreSQL" and "MYSQL control center"
in Google. The number of answers is ... huge and gives direct links to most
sites we are interested in.

But, before going further, we will need to update the translation of the
website, which contains the latest pgAdmin entries used for registration. The
changes are very minimal (just a few strings).

To update your translation, there are two solutions:

1) Update your local pgadmin3_website.po
using the latest pgadmin3_website.pot downloaded from:
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/pgadmin3_website.pot

OR (an easier way)

2) Download the merged .po files and translate them. There are very few new
and modified entries (around 20). The links:

http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/af_ZA/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/fa_IR/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/id_ID/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po

Then, as usual, send the files to my email address.

Thanks for your help,
Jean-Michel