Re: Veritas Filesystem

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Veritas Filesystem
Date: 2004-02-03 18:34:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 09:19:24AM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> I use VxVM on UnixWare, and it's great.  I haven't used the Linux version,
> but I assume it's the same.

I think it's probably a dangerous assumption that Linux versions of a
filesystem are the same as the versions for other systems.
_Similar_, perhaps.  If IBM's jfs on AIX does what it appears to do
on Linux occasionally, I'm going to be one very unhappy camper.

Andrew Sullivan  |
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
		--J.D. Baldwin