Re: Q: Reclaiming deleted space in data files

From: Lawrence Smith <ls_services_eire(at)yahoo(dot)ie>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Q: Reclaiming deleted space in data files
Date: 2004-02-01 16:00:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom,

many thanks for the quick and informative answer, you
guys are amazing.

I've done a test Postgres install and I see the data
dirs are divided up into individual files (rather than
one monolithic file like my current system). I'll take
a closer look at Posgtres, the projects still at a
stage where I can risk a change.

Once again, thanks.

Lawrence Smith

=====