Re: I can't upgrade to PostgreSQL 7.4 in RedHat 9.0

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Manuel Tejada <mantemu(at)terra(dot)com(dot)pe>
Cc: Ericson Smith <eric(at)did-it(dot)com>, Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I can't upgrade to PostgreSQL 7.4 in RedHat 9.0
Date: 2004-01-30 02:04:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:50:47PM -0500, Manuel Tejada wrote:

> By the way, what does mean RHEL3?

"Red Hat Entreprise Linux", a commercial Linux distribution (meaning you
shouldn't use it unless you pay for it).

> Is it a new version of Red Hat?

You mean Red Hat as in "Red Hat Linux"? That product has been
discontinued, and superseded by a new project somewhat resembling Debian
called Fedora Linux, which is the "free" version of the Red Hat Linux
distribution. It doesn't seem to be suited for server use, of course.

"In Europe they call me Niklaus Wirth; in the US they call me Nickel's worth.
That's because in Europe they call me by name, and in the US by value!"