Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on

From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: dave(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on
Date: 2004-01-28 18:36:39
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

On 23 Jan, Dave Thompson wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Just wanted to gather opinions on what file system has the best balance between performance and reliability when used on a quad processor machine running SuSE64. Thanks
>
> DAve

Hi Dave,

I have some data for performance using our DBT-2 workload (OLTP type
transactions) with Linux-2.6 with various filesystems and i/o
schedulers. I know it doesn't address the reliability part of your
question, and it's in a completely different environment (32-bit as well
as a different distro), but if you think you'll find the results
interesting:

http://developer.osdl.org/markw/fs/project_results.html

Mark