Re: query slows under load

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Jenny Zhang <jenny(at)osdl(dot)org>
Cc: perf-pgsql <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>,dbt-general <osdldbt-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: query slows under load
Date: 2004-01-25 21:14:05
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Jenny Zhang wrote:

> 3. index with desc/asc is not supported in PG, why it is not needed? Is
> there any work-around?

You can do this with index operator classes.  There aren't any
automatically provided ones that do the reversed sort iirc, but I think
that's come up before with examples.  I've toyed with the idea of writing
the reverse opclasses for at least some of the types, but haven't been
seriously motivated to actually get it done.