Re: cvsignore

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cvsignore
Date: 2004-01-24 19:09:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> Still, if it doesn't bother anyone and it does help me, then I don't
> see why not.

Well, I think a lot of people would be bothered by the idea of you
maintaining a copy of what will amount to a list of all files. Even
more people will be bothered by the idea that they would have to help
maintaining it if they add or remove files.

> I just noticed that there already are some .cvsignore files in the
> cvs tree.

The files listed in those files have to be built in the source tree for
various reasons even if you configure a separate build directory. So
the .cvsignore files serve to get clean cvs diffs if you use a separate
build directory.