Re: Status: Organizing the OSCON presence (resend w/subject)

From: George Essig <george_essig(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status: Organizing the OSCON presence (resend w/subject)
Date: 2004-01-23 15:17:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> Andrew,
>
>> According to the conference site, tutorials are offered an
>> honorarium and one night's accommodation, whereas presentations get
>> only the conference registration.
>
>I see why everyone wantsto do a tutorial then.   Sounds like you get paid
>about $600 for a tutorial, which certainly makes attending the conference a
>lot cheaper.
>
>--
>-Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

I want to give a 45 minute presentation on tsearch2 not a 1/2 day tutorial.  Due to scheduling,
most talks will be 45 minutes not 1/2 day.  Last year at OSCON, there were 6 PostgreSQL
presentations (45 min.) and only 2 PostgreSQL tutorials (1/2 day).

George Essig

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-01-23 17:25:26