Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans
Date: 2004-01-23 20:39:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

This is where I think we are so far with regards
to OSCON2004. If I've got something wrong or
too vague, please contact me.

I will provide updates to this list
as new information becomes available.

--elein

===================================
This information is also on my wiki:
http://cookie.varlena.com/BlueSky/OsCon2004
htaccess: (varlena/varlena)
wiki user: (varlena)
===================================
OSCON 2004

Contacts

* PostgreSQL: Elein, Josh Berkus
* OReilly Contact: chromatic

Off site get together

* Joshua Drake @ Command Prompt

Swag

* T-Shirts For Pg Conference goers: Greg Sabino Mullane

- Sponsor found for these (elein)
* Other Swag TBD

Financing Speakers

* Josh Berkus -- Might be some money available

Booth

* Josh Berkus -- possibly money for this
* Elein -- scheduling
* Roderick A. Anderson
* Josh Berkus
* Elein
* Robert Bernier
* David Fetter

General Speaker

* Set up: Josh/Elein
* State of PostgreSQL -- Bruce Momjian: Adoptions and Trends

BOF

* Schedule -- elein

Tutorials

* Joe Conway -- (?? day) Extending PostgreSQL with C?
* Andrew Sullivan -- (1/2 day?) Erserver Replication
* Elein -- (1/2 day) Intro to PostgreSQL
* Robert Bernier -- (1/2 day) Datamining email/Perl
* Greg Sabino Mullane -- (1/2 day) how to use the database to help your DBA and application writers get along with other by good use of "advanced" database features
* Gavin Sherry -- (1/2 day??) Advanced Features and 7.4 Enhancements
* Robert Treat -- (1/2 day??) Views with pl languages

Talks

* Joe Conway -- 7.4 enhancements
* Elein -- ORDBMS Concepts in PostgreSQL
* Robert Treat -- A Grand Tour of PostgreSQL Modules and Supplimentary Software
* Josh Berkus -- Performance Tuning, maybe also Indexes
* Andrew Sullivan -- PostgreSQL Administration
* Chris Travers -- advanced features of PostgreSQL allow for extremely powerful business databases, eg http://sourceforge.net/projects/openres
* George Essig -- tsearch2

Topics Looking for Speakers

* PostgreSQL on Windows
* PostGIS
* Datawarehousing (see also Robert Bernier's tutorial)
* Server Side Programming languages: plpgsql, plpythonu, plperl, pltcl, plphp