BUG #1056: ecpg ignores WHENEVER NOT FOUND

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1056: ecpg ignores WHENEVER NOT FOUND
Date: 2004-01-20 20:44:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1056
Logged by: Wes

Email address: wespgc(at)syntegra(dot)com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system: Redhat Linux 7.3

Details:

This problem occurs with both 7.4 and 7.4.1. The problem does not occur at
7.3.4.

I have a statement in my program such as:

EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND GOTO nextvalError;

The C code generated by ecpg at 7.4 and 7.4.1 is missing the statement:

if (sqlca.sqlcode == ECPG_NOT_FOUND) goto nextvalError;

My workaround is to manually insert this code in my program.