Whack of changes to archives ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Whack of changes to archives ...
Date: 2004-01-20 18:17:13
Lists: pgsql-www

Based on comments from Oleg, I did a bunch of cleaning up of the archives
(which is still in the process of being "re-mhonarced") ...

First and foremost, a 'Last-Modified' date is now set, based on the
timestamp of the file ... the script that generates the files is designed
so that it doesn't go through and re-create old messages, so as long as I
don't to rebuild the whole things 'yet again', the time stamps should stay
pretty fixed ...

Second, I added a bunch of code that is aimed at reducing the amount of
information that gets indexed by search engines. For instance, the banner
and search code at the top of *every* page isn't displayed, nor are the
followup/references stuff at the bottom ... and only the date index is
searched, not the thread ones ... basically, content is presented, not the
miriad of links to that same content ... basically, for the msg* files,
I've strip out *everything* except the message itself ...

----