Re: CREATEDB failure

From: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)lurza(dot)secnetix(dot)de>
To: paul(at)shorttermwhat(dot)com (Paul Bauer)
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATEDB failure
Date: 2004-01-20 09:45:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Paul Bauer wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to create a database on FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE,
> This is inside a jail. I had it working in 5.1 and now am having a
> problem. The error is as follows
>
> cp: /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1/16386: Invalid argument
> [...]

Is that NFS-mounted? I remember having similar problems
when we had the database volume mounted via NFS (from a
NetApp filer) with the "intr" mount option. If I'm not
confusing things, then removing that option solved the
problem for us. Also, do not use the "soft" mount option.
Never ever.

If you're not using NFS -- then sorry, I have no idea.

Regards
Oliver

With Perl you can manipulate text, interact with programs, talk over
networks, drive Web pages, perform arbitrary precision arithmetic,
and write programs that look like Snoopy swearing.