Re: Organizing the OSCON presence

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Organizing the OSCON presence
Date: 2004-01-19 20:57:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Elein,

> I would like to help with the coordination
> of folks since I was critical of our presence
> last year.   I'll see about setting up
> the BOF.

You are welcome to be in charge.   In fact, the speaker(at)postgresql(dot)org post is
currently vacant, as Jillian hasn't answered any of my e-mails in months,
probably because I didn't provide her enough support.  Sorry, Jillian!

I will be happy to be 2nd fiddle to you, since this will be my first
presentation at OSCON.

> PS: Also, please note that my last name is Mustain
> although I usually just use "elein"--like "Cher"
> or "Madonna" ;-) Varlena is my company name and
> is also the name of the variable length array used as
> a basis for variable length user defined
> data types. :-)

I'm not sure how I arrived at that particular confusion.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions