Re: Bricolage: Impressive

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bricolage: Impressive
Date: 2004-01-19 01:35:49
Lists: pgsql-www

Guys,

As you know, I've always favored Bricolage for Techdocs. It covers what I
want for acquiring writers who are not HTML-jockeys (like me), and is
immensely scalable, and I am already lightly involved in the Bric community
so I feel more able to troubleshoot issues.

However, there is a labor-intensive "templating" process in the initial Bric
set-up, which requires a good knowledge of HTML and Bric and a light
knowledge of Perl and Mason. Elein was going to set this up initially but
became tied up in her start-up and hasn't had time. I don't feel skilled
enough to do the templating.

If Steve is up to templating, I will happily work on porting articles. In
addition to Steve's server, David Fetter set up a Bric server for
development, which may be still connected to the internet.

Robert: since what Bric does is build HTML pages, it is entirely possible to
"plug in" PHP applications as blocks of HTML text. Comments could be
supported this way, as well as a Wiki (which I also believe we should have).

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions