Re: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2
Date: 2004-01-16 21:40:27
Lists: pgsql-www
Guys,

> > > was kind of my thinking as well, which was why i started
> > > leaning toward using openacs.  however I think josh's main
> > > requirements were simply to have the
> > > ability to publish articles without having to resort to
> > > handcoding html.
> > > ISTM user comments were secondary to him.

And one other thing, based on the requirements of some of our community
writers; there needs to be some ability to add "locked" content.  For
example, if I republish my article from Linux Magazine (due out in 2 weeks,
yah!) it has to go up as "locked" content with a shared copyright.  I can't
have people modifying it per my agreement with Linux Magazine.

Also, most mature Wiki systems allow user comments.   This is a non-issue.

> I just rediscovered Justin's test Plone site (which wasn't working well
> when I tried it before). Despite is being only there for testing it now
> seems to have nearly 500 users and appears to work quite well now.
>
> What do the rest of you think about this site?

Justin's and my problem with Plone was that is was intolerably slow on updates
and administrative interfaces; some of the admin screens took over a minute
just to load.   And this was with just him, me & Elein on it.

Also, the plone "look" says "Plone" not "PostgreSQL".   However, if it gets
something up and running in a hurry, I can certainly live with that.

If we've got it performing better now, it's worth a 2nd look.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology 	josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
    and data management solutions 	(415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses 	 fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations. 	San Francisco