Re: awstats updating daily

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai(at)wxs(dot)nl>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: awstats updating daily
Date: 2004-01-16 05:26:08
Lists: pgsql-www

-On [20040115 22:32], Marc G. Fournier (scrappy(at)hub(dot)org) wrote:
>I'm only sending it to these two lists because I'm not sure if we want to
>"advertise" the URLs ... with awstats, each time you hit the URL, it has
>to recalculate the graphs (its not static), so does put a load on the
>server ...

It has two modes, from what I remember back when I used v4, dynamic and
static:

- use the perl script to automatically generate the figures and facts,
like you said, it is cool, but resource intensive
- use the perl script to calculate everything and store those files for
retrieval by browsers, so the updates are from day to day

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7 9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/ | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Don't try to find the Answer where there ain't no Question here...