Re: Todo for 'portal', programmers perspective

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Alexey Borzov" <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Todo for 'portal', programmers perspective
Date: 2004-01-15 23:01:17
Lists: pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Do we really need a template for each static page? Can we not rewrite
> requests such that xxx.html becomes template.php?file=xxx.html or
> similar?

Heaven, please no URLs like that.

In fact I would propose, for a future iteration perhaps, to put each
file in a separate directory and name them index.lang.{html,php} and
only publish the directory based URLs.  Compare the links at

http://www.debian.org/
http://www.kde.org/
http://www.gnome.org/

All the URLs are very readable and don't expose implementation details.

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-01-15 23:27:49
Subject: Re: Postscript Slonik available?