Re: pltcl - cannot create 'normal' interpreter - Tcl_CreateSlave() fails - A solution

From: Patrick Samson <p_samson(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pltcl - cannot create 'normal' interpreter - Tcl_CreateSlave() fails - A solution
Date: 2004-01-14 10:07:04
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
--- Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:21:38AM -0800, Patrick
> Samson wrote:
> > Here is a description of how I succeeded to run a
> > PL/Tcl script on
> > Postgresql/Cygwin.
>
> Thanks for finding a solution *and* your hard work!
> Would you be
> willing to go the extra mile and submit patches to
> Insight (see below)
> and PostgreSQL to finally put this one to bed?

Done.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2004-q1/msg00010.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2004-q1/msg00009.html
patch submitted to pgsql-patches (stalled)

> > 6. Add a call to Tcl_FindExecutable() in pltcl.c -
> > pltcl_init_all(),
> > just before the call to Tcl_CreateInterp().
>
> Will this be obviated if Insight accepts your patch?

I don't think so. The tcl patch is a way to allow
init.tcl to be found even if TCL_LIBRARY is not
defined. But as I wrote, without this call and only
the variable defined, init.tcl seems to be found but
Tcl_CreateSlave() fails further with another error
message.