Re: Will Open Source be forced to go Proprietary

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Will Open Source be forced to go Proprietary
Date: 2004-01-10 04:57:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Chris Travers wrote:

> [...]

But the MySQL description says:

http://www.mysql.com/products/opensource-license.html

Under the Open Source License, you must release the complete source code
for the application that is built on MySQL.

What does that mean, "built on MySQL". I think that means "depends" on
MySQL. At least I have heard that description:

http://www.edwardbear.org/serendipity/archives/1193_My_Beef_with_MySQLs_License.html

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us