Re: Datestamps

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Bryan Irvine <bryan(dot)irvine(at)kingcountyjournal(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Datestamps
Date: 2004-01-09 21:39:25
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 13:12:12 -0800,
  Bryan Irvine <bryan(dot)irvine(at)kingcountyjournal(dot)com> wrote:

> uhm, *digs toe into ground* where would my logfile be?

The logs might just be being thrown away. They might be being stored using
syslog in which case they would probably be in var/log somewhere. They
might be being saved into a file. Look at the commands used to start
the database server in this case to see where the file is.
For my use I save the logs using multilog, but I don't think any
distributor sets up postgres that way.