Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Ericson Smith <eric(at)did-it(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2003-12-29 21:39:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 16:28:54 -0500,
Ericson Smith <eric(at)did-it(dot)com> wrote:
> As far as the documentation goes, you know that its bad when you have to
> lookup SQL examples on the MySQL site to use with Postgresql. I'm no
> SQL (never read fully my "SQL for Smarties" book) guru, so every little
> bit helps. If we have a great (not just good, or adequate) documentation
> site, then the uptake will be better. So why not let pool some funds
> from members of the list and get some professional help? My wallet is
> open and ready.

That kind of question will generally not be postgres specific (unless
you are asking about syntax which is compactly described for each
SQL command). It might be better to provide references to web sites
that provide general information about SQL (if there are any good ones),
rather than to spend a lot of resources trying to teach people generic
stuff about SQL and RDBMS.